Get a Mentor:
One-on-One Mentoring Application Process
Step #1: View our Orientation Webinar (FREE)
NSF ATE Program Funding Opportunities & Mentor-Connect Orientation
(Live Broadcast: September 8, 2016)
Step #2: Does Your Institution Qualify?
Special Opportunity: NSF ATE Small Grants for Institutions New to ATE
- Have ideas to improve technician education? Don't know how to get them funded?
- Unsuccessful in applying for a grant from NSF ATE? Need mentoring help?
The NSF ATE "Small Grants" Program
- Encourages community colleges that have not had an ATE award in the past 7 years
- Stimulates implementation, adaptation, and innovation in ATE-supported areas with an emphasis on STEM/technician education
- Encourages utilization of existing resources developed by ATE projects and centers
- Addresses issues of interest in rural technician education
- Funds budget maximum of $225K for up to 36 months
- Seeks proposals via solicitation: NSF ATE Program Solicitation
Step #3: Apply NOW
Applications for one-on-one mentoring are currently not available.
Applications or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for 2017-18 will be available in July, 2017.
You’re invited! Upcoming Technical Assistance Webinars
At this time, there are no upcoming webinars, but you may access our archived Technical Assistance 2016 Webinars and affiliated materials via our YouTube channel. If you click on the Webinar heading and scroll down to the bottom of the description, you will find the affiliated materials link that will take you to the materials within our resource collection.
Quotes from Mentor-Connect Mentees
“We definitely benefitted from the Mentor-Connect program starting with the conference earlier in the year in Portland. Peggy has been a wonderful mentor and advisor during the entire process (and very patient with us as well). Writing grants can be very difficult and challenging - but having a mentor assigned has made all the difference for us from maintaining a regimented work ethic to just keeping us focused and on-track. I wished other granting agencies provided this type of support. Great job to our combined Mentor-Connect team!”
“The Mentor-Connect experience was great and I have recommended it to peers at other Illinois colleges. Julie, Niranjan and I extend our thanks for including us.”
“Invaluable experience! Great working with our mentor, Mel Cossette. She was a wealth of knowledge and put us in touch with many resources to further our project.”
“I believe the focus and activities provided were well-designed and they will help us to submit & hopefully get approved"